Learn how to set up a Google Business Profile for your EV charging station and boost your visibility on Google Maps and Search. Increase customer...
How to Include Electric Vehicle Charging Stations on Google Maps
Learn how to include electric vehicle charging stations on Google Maps and increase visibility for your business.
EV Station Overview
An electric vehicle charging station, also referred to as EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment), is a publicly accessible physical structure, such as a kiosk, pole, pillar, or outlet, designed to provide electric power for recharging the batteries of plug-in electric and hybrid vehicles. Typically, you can find EV charging stations on streets, retail shopping centers, restaurants, or parking areas.
When EV stations are added to a Google Business Profile, they will appear on Google surfaces, including search, and maps.
According to Google, they currently accept two types of formats for EVCS data. You can find more on their help pages, which we have linked below.
Add an EV station to your Google Business Profile
- Go to Google Business Profile and sign in to your account.
- Click on the name of your business.
- Click on the "Info" tab.
- Scroll down to the "Attributes" section.
- Under "Business Attributes," select the "EV Charging Station" checkbox.
- Click the "Edit" button next to the "EV Charging Station" attributes.
- Enter the following information about your EV station:
- Number of charging stations
- Type of charging stations (e.g., Level 2, Level 3)
- Payment methods accepted
- Hours of operation
- Any other relevant information
- Click on the "Save" button.
Once you have added the EV Charging Station attribute to your Google Business Profile listing, your EV station will appear on Google Maps and in search results when people search for EV charging stations near your business.
Why add your EV station to your Google Business Profile listing?
There are several reasons why you should add your EV station to your Google Business Profile listing:
- Visibility: Adding your EV station to your Google Business Profile listing will make it more visible to potential customers. When people search for EV charging stations near them, your EV station will appear on Google Maps and in search results.
- Convenience: Adding your EV station to your Google Business Profile listing will make it easier for potential customers to find your business. Customers can view the address, hours of operation, and other information about your EV station directly from Google Maps or search results.
- Reputation: Adding your EV station to your Google Business Profile listing will help you build a positive reputation with potential customers. Customers can leave reviews of your EV station on your Google Business Profile listing, which can help other potential customers decide whether to visit your business.
Consistency and accuracy matter
Please don't set it and forget it. Like your entire Google profile, consumers use your EV charging station information to make decisions and ultimately power their next drive.
If you manage many EV charging stations and need a way to automate the optimization and maintenance of your listings, check out our done-for-you listings service.